[Bese-devel] A newbie question

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:18:00 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Rajappa Iyer <rsi at panix.com> wrote:

> I am sure that this must be the result of a boneheaded mistake on my
> part, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.  So any help
> would be most appreciated.

i quickly pasted this code at the slime repl from the mail and it worked
fine for me on sbcl/linux. it was with the ajax branch but that shouldn't
make any difference in this case...

* 01:16 UCW.BACKEND/+INFO+: Handling request for "/hello.ucw"
> 01:16 UCW-LOGGER/+INFO+: URL-MATCHER matched against url-string: "
> hello.ucw".
> 01:16 UCW-LOGGER/+INFO+: ENTRY-POINT-HANDLER directing control to
> ACTION-HANDLER.
> 01:16 UCW-LOGGER/+INFO+: ACTION-HANDLER, handling action: #<Function
> "DEFVAR *HELLO-WORLD-APPLICATION*"
>                                    {49B0C309}>.
> 01:16 UCW-LOGGER/+INFO+: CALL'ing to /#<HELLO-WORLD::HELLO-WORLD
> {486FBAF5}>
> 01:16 UCW-LOGGER/+ERROR+: Got request error #<TYPE-ERROR {4870B875}>.

i suggest to look for the string "Got request error" in the ucw sources (
standard-server.lisp), add a breakpoint and inspect the condition object.
(assuming here that the debugger didn't come up by default which happens in
some situations that we should address. i keep two breakpoints locally for
this...).

if you can't find anything helpful there then send the backtrace (from the
brakepoint if the debugger didn't come up), it may ring some bells...

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"

Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)