[Bese-devel] yaclml, (<:a :href "abc.ucw?a=1&b=1") -> abc.ucw?a=1&amp; b=2

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Sun Jul 9 20:10:18 UTC 2006

Evrim ULU wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to disable &->& transformation? I'm having
> difficulties while linking.
>
> (<:a :href "abc.ucw?a=1&b=2") outputs "abc.ucw?a=1&b=2". It's
> very ugly to have a code segment like:

Aycan pointed me the xhtml standard at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
which reads:

    C.12. Using Ampersands in Attribute Values (and Elsewhere)

In both SGML and XML, the ampersand character ("&") declares the
beginning of an entity reference (e.g., ® for the registered
trademark symbol "®"). Unfortunately, many HTML user agents have
silently ignored incorrect usage of the ampersand character in HTML
documents - treating ampersands that do not look like entity
references as literal ampersands. XML-based user agents will not
tolerate this incorrect usage, and any document that uses an ampersand
incorrectly will not be "valid", and consequently will not conform to
this specification. In order to ensure that documents are compatible
with historical HTML user agents and XML-based user agents, ampersands
used in a document that are to be treated as literal characters must
be expressed themselves as an entity reference (e.g. "|&|"). For
example, when the |href| attribute of the |a| element refers to a CGI
script that takes parameters, it must be expressed as
|http://my.site.dom/cgi-bin/myscript.pl?class=guest&name=user|
rather than as
|http://my.site.dom/cgi-bin/myscript.pl?class=guest&name=user|.

evrim.