[Bese-devel] parenscript broken

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 08:19:09 UTC 2006

> js:compile-parenscript-file-to-string is not working anymore. i'm getting:
> The assertion (TYPEP JS::RES 'JS::STATEMENT) failed.
>    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]
>
> This also breaks parenscript-dispatcher. Attila?

there's a new keyword argument that controls the evaluation of forms read
from the file. previously forms were always evaluated before compilation,
but that is the less common case, so when i introduced the :eval-forms-p
flag i gave it nil as default. i didn't expect that people are using it,
sorry for the lack of warning in the commit log! to have the old behaviour
just add :eval-forms-p t to the call.

for details:
http://www.uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=parenscript;a=commitdiff;h=20060707151231-6b9e8-db25863e2848bd55e1e3e80677ff1db0e636ddaa.gz

now the dispatcher is a more problematic issue... in the ajax branch i've
changed it to pass through all unknown keyword args to js:compile but this
patch does not apply to _dev yet due to dependencies. there are two
solutions: if your parenscript files are constant (do not have any ,(check
some *context* stuff) in them) then simply remove the quote from the top
level forms. if it's not possible then apply the relevant parts of the ajax
patch (or simply an :eval-forms-p t) on your local repo by hand temporarily.

for details:
http://www.uncommon-web.com/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=ucw_ajax;a=filediff;h=20060707171855-6b9e8-d680ce0ebac3fc2912ef8dc486f21ff2734bec8d.gz;f=src/rerl/standard-dispatcher.lisp

hth, and sorry for the inconvenience

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"

Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)