[Bese-devel] AJAX teaser

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Tue Jan 31 12:32:45 UTC 2006

> Hi,
>
> This reminded me the problem, saving the state of the current component.
> Have anybody  solved this problem before? I just want to be able to save
> current style state so that next time i can feed with saved style. Style
> includes: colors, position, font etc.
>
> Thanks.
> evrim.
I'm not sure what you mean. Saving to where?
Memory on the server?
The UCW components are in memory, so that should not be a problem.

Saving to a persistent media?
Save to a file with print/read.
Save to a database with clsql.
Nicely combined with serialization of objects to xml or sexp using
the cl-persistence package.

Or do you mean on the client side?
Then its harder. Set a cookie, or send the data to your server. For
example with using a XMLHttpRequest javascript object. The bind
functionality of the dojo toolkit is a nice wrapper round this.

I think you need to elaborate your question more if you want more
specific answers.

/Henrik Hjelte