[Bese-devel] Re: accessing component via standard-application.

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Fri Jan 20 18:34:03 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer wrote:

> the problem is backtracking. whenever you create a component some of its
>
>slot are setup for backtracking (the component specific slots,
>calling-component and, afair, parent). if there's no context what should
>we do with this? if you want a dummy context for testing maybe this will
>help: (if you like this i'll include it in ucw proper (this is something
>i have lying around and used to use from time to time))
>
>you'd use it like so:
>
>(with-dummy-context ()
>  (call 'my-component))

Great! Adding this to ucw repo will be very useful. In fact, i've been
thinking about this combined with your FiveAM to make up a mock object
like testing for ucw. However, we should consider this in future, i suppose.

Btw, I'm going to evalutate the above code tonight, i'll send feedback
tomorrow if anything goes wrong.

Thanks for your answer.
Evrim.