[Bese-devel] Server pushing

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Mon Jan 9 16:08:02 UTC 2006

I haven't even done one app in UCW yet, but I would assume that in
general, the concept of continuations itself should allow you to do
this seamlessly.

Forget about traditional web app development. Think of your code as a
fat application running locally on the local UI:

1) Run application code
2) User selects a button that triggers a time-consuming process
3) App presents a please wait page
4) App runs time-consuming task
5) App changes the please wait page to the page showing results

- Waldo

P.S. I've done this in Squeak/Seaside, which is a Smalltalk
continuation framework