[Bese-devel] 'TYPE-ERROR: The value NIL is not of type REAL' when starting ucw/httpd

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Jan 9 14:10:30 UTC 2006

Eric Merritt <cyberlync at gmail.com> writes:

> I get the following error when I start ucw using start.lisp script.
> Indeed even if I just use
>
> (ucw:create-server :backend :httpd)
>
>  the error results. The error is:
>
>  debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR: The value NIL is not of type REAL.

the only thing i can think of is asdf not finding a file (this cryptic
error is due to asdf performing #'< on the result of file-write-date,
which returns nil for inexistient files). but i can't be sure without
a backtrace, does the occur while calling asdf:perform (or maybe
asdf:traverse) or does it occur inside ucw specific code?