[Bese-devel] clone-backtracks question

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Jan 9 14:02:34 UTC 2006

Aleksandar Bakic <a_bakic at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I hit a case (hard to debug and reproduce) when copy-tree seems to get into an
> infinite recursion. I suspect that happens in clone-backtracks (places and
> slots are being copied), because I am not aware of other calls to copy-tree.
> Has anyone seen this situation before; any suggestions?

i've not seen this issue before. the only reason copy-tree would hit
an infinite recursion is due to a circularity in the backtracks list
(which wolud be really really strange). you could try adding this:

(assert (proper-list-p backtracks)
        (backtracks)
        "The backtracks list is NOT proper. WTF!?!")

to clone-backtracks before the call to copy-tree.