[Bese-devel] Defining new TAL tags (Was: strings as parameters in TAL templates)

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Fri Feb 3 16:04:34 UTC 2006

 >> Jan Rychter wrote:
 >>> How do you handle string parameters in TAL tags? Specifically,
 >>> quoting?
 >>>
 >>> I've tried this:
 >>>
 >>> <tal:tal tal:content='(inline-image "dir1/crw_1122.jpg")' />
 >>>
 >>> but it results in garbage generated after the tag is replaced, I
 >>> get extra: /></a >

 Marco> this is as good a time as any to describe the (probably too
 Marco> many) steps required to create your own tal tag:
[...]
 Marco> not that you asked for this, but hope it helps anyway.

This is exactly what I asked for, I just wasn't aware that I was asking
for it. Thanks, it does precisely what I want and it does it well!

--J.