[Bese-devel] Resetting checkboxes to unchecked?

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Fri Aug 4 17:25:02 UTC 2006

Why in the world does (RENDER CHECKBOX-FIELD) method reset (VALUE
FIELD) to NIL on the very beginning of the method?

In program I work on I have a container with a menu which switches
currently displayed components (think tabbed window).  When I open a
form with checkboxes, some of which are initially set (as in
(MAKE-INSTANCE 'CHECKBOX-FIELD :VALUE T)), then switch to other tab
and then back to form, an already initialized component is (RENDER)ed
again and all fields are made unchecked.  I locally commented out the
(SETF (VALUE FIELD) NIL) line from form.lisp and it works, but I use
checkboxes only in one, very specific place of program, and I'm not
sure if it would break something I didn't think of; does this line
have any effect besides this (IMHO buggy, or at least not conforming
to The Rule Of Least Surprise) behaviour?  Is this intended?

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { In general the programmer will always generate