[Bese-devel] about the patch "l10n/yaclml integration fixed."

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Wed Aug 2 21:12:15 UTC 2006

On Pungenday, Confusion 67, 3172 YOLD, Attila Lendvai wrote:

> i've pulled this to _ajax and i have a few questions and an alternative impl you can find at the end of the mail...
>
> is the :it.bese.ucw.l10n.tags really needed? i think only one or two tags could be defined in it that could go into <ucw: (unless i'm
> missing some xml namespace related reason)

In what I found in l10n-module.lisp there was reference to
(FIND-PACKAGE :IT.BESE.UCW.L10N) in :AROUND method updating
YACLML:*URI-TO-PACKAGE*, so I assumed l10n tags should be placed in
separate package; personally, I don't see any reasons why shouldn't
whey be in <ucw: namespace.  I just followed incomplete solution,
without giving it much thought.

> and about the old <l10n:lookup tag: i had the <ucw:localized tag
> that you can find below locally in my project. i propose that
> instead. i think no tag is useful for resources that need arguments,
> they 99% of the time need more caretaking then a simply
> <:as-html'ing their return value.

I agree; however, for content, yaclml tags take multiple values
(&REST).  It's clear how it corresponds to code in Lisp (<:FOO ...)
code, but I couldn't figure out if and how Yaclml splits TAL XML tag
body into body arguments for tag macro.  OTOH when localizing, this
body won't be a long string like a paragraph of text but just symbol
name to look up in resource bundle, so this might be a non-issue.  If
your code works, I'm OK with it.

> and here's the proposed alternative that i'll push unless Maciek or
> someone has any objections.
[snip]

It's OK, more elegant than my quick solution.  Feel free to push it.

Will you push it only to ucw_ajax, or also to ucw_dev?

Greets,

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { (2)  No matter how hard you try, you can't increase