[Bese-devel] Custom backends and servers

Aycan iRiCAN aycan.irican at core.gen.tr
Sun Apr 30 21:01:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was planning to write a server for a field data collection project
in our university. Basically there is a GPRS component and I want all
data persisted sent to my server. And then present them over a web
interface.

So I started to prototype and make a simple trivial-sockets based
function. But I realized that there's alreay a rock solid framework
for this application.

Well, after looking at the source, I wrote a simple backend and a
server for this application. Here is the code url, it's very simple
and not complete.

http://coretal.core.gen.tr/cgi-bin/darcsweb.cgi?r=gprs-server;a=summary

I've implement a backend because existing backends are written for
http protocol. Besides, i've implement a new server since current one
is a little fat for my purposes.

I would like to write a web interface which reads collected data from
an exported global. Also multiple threads support for the backend is
missing.

Any ideas and fixes are welcome.

Best Regards.
--