[Bese-devel] Re: forcing a client refresh

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Thu Apr 27 11:31:08 UTC 2006

I guess you can use AJAX techniques to send/post your request
asynchronously and then monitor the status of the request every so
often.

- Waldo

On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:49 AM, Marco Baringer wrote:

> hbabcockos1 at mac.com writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working on an application where I'd like to start a long
>> process, give the user some feedback about how the process going,
>> then display the results when the process is finished. In my (perl)
>> past I might have done this with a javascript timer. Is there a
>> better way to do this using ucw? Or, how would you do this using
>> ucw?
>
> there's nothing ucw-specific that can help you with this (though all
> the usual javascript technicques are applicable).
>
> --
> -Marco
> Ring the bells that still can ring.
> Forget the perfect offering.
> There is a crack in everything.
> That's how the light gets in.
> 	-Leonard Cohen

Daniel Salama
dsalama at user.net
Voice: (954) 655-8051
Fax  : (954) 252-3988

This e-mail contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to
receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose
to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail to dsalama at user.net or
tel. +1-954-655-8051 and delete the material from any computer.