[Bese-devel] action-dispatcher & defentry-point

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Wed Apr 19 14:37:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've been reading request-dispatch code and saw a warning which reads:

;;;; ** ACTION-DISPATCHER

;;;; This is the core dispatcher for ucw. Due to how ucw's compute-url
;;;; method works it is important that the action-dispatcher be
;;;; checked before any url-dispatchers, so it sholud be the first
;;;; element in an application's dispatcher list.

We've built a portal-base to register all applications to it like an app
pool and implemented apache vhost/ucw/db start/stop/zap functions just
like sysv initrc. Sometimes we need to override old entry-points via
recalling defentry-point.  I've seen new defentry point removes the old
entry point and appends it. Shouln't it do a prepend? I know it removes
the same entry point having the same class and url string but it's
possible to have an entry-point say, standart-entry-point overriden with
a regexp-entry-point. In that case, defentry-point wouldn't be
overriding the old entry -point and since  class'es are different,  and
old entry -point will show since dispatcher will dispatch the first one
it sees (i saw, returning t from dispatch yields end of service). In
fact, i must admit, there hasn't got to be two entry-points having the
same url string, so we may drop the class-name check and depend only on
url string.

I didin't test it since i've got repo today:(

Kind Regards,
Evrim.