[Bese-devel] Re: problem with detachtty

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Apr 12 16:45:09 UTC 2006

"Daniel Patru" <dpatru at gmail.com> writes:

> UCW doesn't start on my machine when used with detachtty. However it starts
> without it. In ucwctl, the start option says:
>
>  start)
>         install -d -m 755 $LOGROOT $RUNROOT
>         $DETACHTTY --dribble-file $LOGROOT/ucw.dribble \
>             --log-file $LOGROOT/ucw.detachtty \
>             --pid-file $RUNROOT/ucw.pid \
>             $RUNROOT/ucw.socket \
>             $CLLAUNCH -X $OPT_LISP $OPT_PATH NO_QUIT=yes -- "$STARTFILE"
>         ;;

colud you try just running lisp, through detachtty, from the console?
(i'd like to know if the issue is detachtty itself or how we're
calling detachtty). try osmething like this:

`which detachtty` --dribble-file foo.dribble \
                  --log-file foo.log \
                  --pid-file foo.pid \
                  foo.socket sbcl

(assuming you're using sbcl)