[Bese-devel] ucwctl: load stop.lisp instead of calling `ucw:bye-bye'?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sat Apr 1 17:19:40 UTC 2006

Hello!

With my last patch [1], I removed the stop.lisp file, which I supposed
useless because we now use the following command to stop a running UCW
session:

  $ attachtty socket '(ucw:bye-bye)' timeout >/dev/null 2>&1 || \
      kill -s QUIT `cat pid`

Basically, this has the advantage of stopping UCW even in case
attachtty fails because it reaches the timeout.

On a private discussion, Marco proposed to use a stop.lisp file
instead, thus the command will be:

  $ attachtty socket '(load "stop.lisp")' timeout [... || ...]

This solution has a clear advantage, because you can customize the
stop.lisp file, which will be available as an ucwctl command line
argument.

In case of non-negative comments, I'll start implementing Marco's
suggestion in the next week.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] Thu Mar 30 20:20:22 CEST 2006  Luca Capello <luca at pca.it>
      * render UCW really configurable via ucwctl