[Bese-devel] Running Demos of UCW on Mac OS Tiger

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sun Sep 11 03:14:19 UTC 2005

Hi all,

To this date, I have not been able to fully run all the sample
applications successfully. Before, I had a problem with running ucw
with arnesi_dev so I ended up running ucw_dev with arnesi_dev.

Now, because of a "thread" limitation I have with SBCL on Tiger, I'm
running OpenMCL. However, I can replicate the same problem with SBCL.

Basically, I can only run some of the demo apps. I can run the
Counter and Component Transaction apps with no problems.

When I run the Form demo, I keep getting "IT.BESE.UCW::+UNINITIALIZED
+" links next to the Integer/Decimal and Date prompts. Then no matter
what I enter in those fields, I keep getting exceptions and taken to
a backtrace screen.

Once I do that, no other app in the demo works.

Any idea? Is it because I'm using the _dev versions?

Thanks,
Waldo