[Bese-devel] Probable UCW bug

Vladimir Sekissov svg at surnet.ru
Mon Oct 31 18:08:29 UTC 2005

Good day,

jan> I believe I've hit a bug in UCW, although I can't really track it down
jan> precisely. The problem occurs when I use text-area-element with an
jan> indirect value. It turns empty strings into NILs. I can make the problem
jan> disappear by changing the form element to text-element -- if I do that,
jan> my objects end up with "" instead of NIL, as expected.

I couldn't represent such behaviour and got NIL in both cases.

If you want element to return "" instead of NIL set DEFAULT-VALUE slot
to "". Default behaviour is treating empty input as NIL.

You can also change INPUT-FILTER slot or COERCE-CLIENT-VALUE method to
satisfy your needs.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov