[Bese-devel] Re: bese-devel Digest, Vol 22, Issue 12

Robert Marlow bobstopper at bobturf.org
Thu Oct 13 23:44:34 UTC 2005

Yeah, I'd say regular expressions would be the general case and
non-regexp entry points a special case optimisation. So I vote for (1)
too.

I'm not sure how useful non-regexp entry points would be other than
for optimisation and perhaps simple use of regexp-sensitive
characters. If they are useful, perhaps we need several subclasses of
entry points to handle each type. If they're useful it would seem that
both types may be wanted in the same web-app, in which case having to
define two separate application instances may be more clumsy than just
defining the difference at the entry points themselves (if I'm correct
that you plan on only having the difference coded into the application
class).

Of course if they're no longer useful, which is probably the case,
just ignore me :)