[Bese-devel] UCW for beginners

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sat Oct 1 04:39:06 UTC 2005

As I'm learning more about Lisp and UCW and have been documenting all
along my findings, I decided to formalize what I have learned/done so
far and contribute it to the community. Since this is something I
decided just now, I don't even have version 0.01 available yet.

What I'm trying to do is help improve the existing UCW documentation
along with additional information I've learned myself and through the
list activity. So, I have a few questions/requests:

1) I remember about a couple of weeks ago there was a discussion to
make a wiki for UCW et al. Last I remember was Marco pointing out the
following http://lisp.tech.coop/index. Does anyone know the status of
this site and its transformation into a "mostly related to UCW and
Lisp on Lines" site?
2) What is the status of Lisp on Lines and where can I find more
information about it other than the generic information on cliki.net?
3) When I first started on Ruby on Rails (RoR), one thing that helped
me learned more about practical applications of what the framework
offered was by looking at other people's applications and code. RoR
published a section where members would make their working
applications available to the community for usage/learning (see
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/OpenSourceProjects). Is
anyone willing to contribute working applications (small, medium, and/
or large) to the community?

As I learn more, I will be able to contribute more, so I ask of you
to help me (and others) learn from your experience so we can me this
a better community for all. Maybe we can then invite Andreas Fuchs to
criticize what the community has done and potentially point out how
things are better or can be made better "on the other side of the
fence".

Thanks,
Waldo