[Bese-devel] <ucw:a

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Nov 2 18:05:10 UTC 2005

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

> So, can I generate (<ucw:a :action (myaction p)) links inside looping
> constructs with p bound successively to various values? If so, which
> looping constructs are supposed to work?

any looping construct which creates a fresh binding on each iteration
(since P is a closed over variable successive loops which change the
value of p will change it for all the links generated).

this basically means that the only constructs whcih are guaranteed to
work are:

1) dolist*

2) a regural loop or doWHATEVER with the action wrapped like this:

(dolist (p list)
  (let ((p p))
    (<ucw:a :action (myaction p))))

now that i think about it we have a complete code-walker avalibale
which could esaily (fsvo "easily") figure out the free variables in an
action form and wrap them in the let....

> I seem to be having problems with everything except dolist.

are you sure you didn't mean dolist*?