[Bese-devel] ucw 0.3.9

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed May 4 11:46:43 UTC 2005

this is for luigi, julian and anyone else who wants to improve the
qualitiy of the "official" ucw releases.

I've commited the spelling fixs and created a new ucw release (0.3.9)
containig those changes and some minor tweaks to the httpd backend
(proper handling of #\+ chars in urls).

So, here's what i would like people to do if they have some free time
(my guess is that it will take between 10 and 30 minutes to do this):

1) Get the tarballs from:

ftp://ftp.common-lisp.net/pub/project/ucw/

[gz and bz2 versions available]

2) Make sure that arnesi and yaclml are included.

3) Make sure that, with asdf properly configured, loading
   bin/start.lisp loads up the httpd backend and example and admin
   apps.

4) make sure the examples work (clik on the countre a bit, maybe mess
   with the presentation stuff).

5) check the contents of CHANGES and see if it makes sense.

6) see if there are any other stupid mistakes (missing files, backup files).

7) tell me what platforms (hardware, os, lisp implementation, backend
   type) it worked (and didn't work) on.

I've set the release date in CHANGES to 2005-05-09 (monday), Hopefully
that's enough time to get feedback and work out any bugs.

thanks in advance.