[Bese-devel] Developing non-interactive applications.

pjd tech pjdtech2000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:39:02 UTC 2005

Hello

I am a relative newcomer to common lisp and UCW. I am just learning
UCW to do web programming.

But my immediate desire is to write a server application in Common
Lisp using UCW (or arnesi as the case may be) where the client is not
a browser and it is not interactive.

Client and Server talk using HTTP POSTs.
There is no interaction with user once the client is started.

Client and server exchange about 10 messages in average before finishing up.

I would like to adopt UCW to writing such a server.

It means there is no need for
   - back tracking (no BACK button)
   - No cloning.

On a further note,
   - Client doesnt support cookies.
   - But the binary protocol does support URL rewriting. As part of
each reply, server can send a URL for the client where to POST the

I just would like to use CPS style of programming so that my server
logic is linear instead of a state machine.

Is there some way I can adapt UCW to do such a thing? Or would I need
to start with arnesi, and write UCW like framework without the GUI
bits ?

I am not skilled enough to understand UCW/Arnesi implimentations yet.
So any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
pj