[Bese-devel] lambda and call/cc

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Jun 25 13:24:01 UTC 2005

Larry D'Anna <smoof-ra at elder-gods.org> writes:

> If I understand it correctly, the reason you can't have a call/cc
> inside a lambda is that then you have lambdas floating around that
> needed to be called with the call/cc convention rather then the usual
> one, and there's no way to tell them apart.  If this is the case then
> it should be possible to add operators lambda/cc and funcall/cc that
> can be used to make and call cps lambdas.  Am I on the right track
> here?

yes you are. however implmenenting funcall/cc correctly (or the more
general apply/cc) will require you to, almost, reimplente lisp's
execution semantics. this i a route i'm currently studying but have
gotten stalled by the more immediate need to have a UCW which 80%
works instead of a broken 95% implemetaton. :(