[Bese-devel] thanks for the movie; pronunciation of "Apache"?

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Jul 28 06:19:33 UTC 2005

Philip Ansteth <pansteth at yahoo.com> writes:

> By the way, a speaker of American English, like myself, would almost
> certainly pronounce Apache like the Indian tribe.  The web page has
> some explanation:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#name

yes, you're completly correct and i sholud have been a bit more
carefull. my problem is that 99% of the times i pronounce apache i'm
doing it in italian to an italian and with an italian accent, it's
harder to switch languages than i thought (you'll notice i make
similar mistakes with the word request and a few others).

p.s. - thanks for the link, the apache tribe is far cooler than i
thought.