[Bese-devel] ucw movie

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Tue Jul 26 22:19:34 UTC 2005

On 2005-07-26, Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> wrote:
>> I am currently reencoding it as XVID AVI, but I think the quality
>> will be to low to be really useful. If someone tells me how to
>> efficiently encode videos with lots of stills, this would be very
>> helpful. :)
>
> I have it down to 48 MB with close to optimal quality. I'd be happy
> to upload it somewhere.

The purpose of the bittorrent tracker at
http://boinkor.net:6969/announce is to help distribute good lisp
porn. Go wild (-:

(with the vanilla bittorrent distribution, making a torrent is as
simple as running:

$ btmakemetafile.py hello-world.avi http://boinkor.net:6969/announce
# upload the resulting .torrent file somewhere
$ btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate <whatever> --url http://example.com/hello-world.avi.torrent
# tell other people where to find the .torrent file
)

Have fun,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at boinkor.net>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs