[Bese-devel] Error while installing

Vladimir Sekissov svg at surnet.ru
Sat Jul 23 22:52:20 UTC 2005

Good day,

darkman_spam>   After having read very good things about UCW on c.l.lisp, I
darkman_spam> tried to install it.  I downloaded latest versions for all
darkman_spam> packages, as adviced on CLiki.  Here is what I have in my
darkman_spam> personnal ASDF repository:

darkman_spam>   All evaluate without error, but the last one.  I reproduce the
darkman_spam> error at the end of this email.  I use GNU CLISP on Debian.

Probaly you have too old version of CLISP. CLISP versions prior the
current CLISP 2.34.* had non-standard MOP implementation.

Try to run UCW with latest CLISP (it was released last week and
 probably not yet in Debian) or with other lisps (CMUCL or SBCL).

Debian has excellent CMUCL package. SBCL has unicode but is not as
stable as CMUCL.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov