[Bese-devel] UCW file upload example

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Jul 21 16:00:30 UTC 2005

Mac Chan <lispweb at mac.e4ward.com> writes:

> I was unable to run the file upload example. Upon playing around
> with the sample code for a while I figured it out.

here's what i ended up doing:

if the form is sumbitted as a regular form
(application/x-www-form-urlencoded) then all parameters as passed from
the backend as strings, nothing new here. if the form is multipart
(multipart/form-data) then a parameter is passed as string iff it has
exactly one header named "name", otherwise we create a wrap it and the
headers in a mime-part object and pass those on. map-parameters, and
get-parameter have been updated to call copy-seq only when the
parameter is a string. this change only affects the httpd and mod_lisp
backends, patches for araneida (if possible) and aserve are more than
welcome (but those backends aren't priporities for me atm).

this is an incompatible change and has, therefore, been put in the
darcs repo at:

http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/repos/ucw_dev

it will sit there until i've tested it on a few of may apps and then
i'll move the changes over to the regular repo. of course, the
previous code was seriously broken so this probably won't affect
anyone.