[Bese-devel] Probably I have to be more specific

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue Jul 12 16:36:09 UTC 2005

Ok, I got a bit further. And am now quite sure that there is no
special component for Radio Buttons. Now it seems to me that having
this would be a good thing. I found out that I can help myself while
using this ugly piece of code:
(ucw::get-parameter (ucw::context.request *context*) 'download)))

It's ugly because it uses the internal stuff. And now I wonder why
e.g get-parameter not exported? If there is not component available
then it seems to be a good idea to give uses an alternative
(documented way).

However I wonder how a radio box component might look. My idea would be
it can be put into a div or a span
the layout could be vertical or horizontal
it could be grouped by a border

It seems it shares a lot with the select-field, but it's not fully the
same.

Now my question is if someone had an idea on how to implement such
component.

I would like to know for what the following slots are used:
  ((options :accessor options :initform '() :initarg :options)
   (key :accessor key :initform #'identity :initarg :key)
   (test :accessor test :initform #'eql :initarg :test)
   (option-map :accessor option-map :initform (make-array 10 :adjustable t :fill-pointer 0))
   (option-writer :accessor option-writer :initform #'princ-to-string))

I imagine options is for an alist or hash table or the like so maybe
this would be ok to fill into this slot

(list (identifier-of-the-radio-button (list "download" "CD-ROM"
"other")))

test probably could be eql as here
but what's the option map?
and how to access the choosen value?

Of course with get-paramter I can get the value. But it seems some
kind of accessor would be a better idea?

Has anyone written any component by him/herself?

If yes, can you give me a helping hand on how to approach this?

Regards
Friedrich