[Bese-devel] darcs

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Jul 6 14:33:35 UTC 2005

Hello!

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 16:26 +0200,
> Second: There seems to be a few buglets with the debian package
>         support. There's a command to clean the source tree
> 	before packaging:
>
> 	find debian/$(debpkg)/$(clc-files) -name .arch-ids | xargs rm -r
>
> 	that should either be removed or changed to
>
> 	-find debian/$(debpkg)/$(clc-files) -name .arch-ids | xargs rm
> 	-r

Yep, Marco, can you safely remove that line?

> 	The debian/rules file needs to be executable.

Exactly.

> 	Why does yaclml _depend_ on cl-fiveam? Wouldn't a simple
> 	'suggests' be more appropriate?

I discussed this with Marco when I created the Debian patch, but I
don't remember the exact reason (because the dependency was necessary,
not 'suggested' ;-) ).

Anyway, there's a discussion on the Common-Listp Debian mailing-list
about Debian native packages or not and it seems that the second will
be the decision for the future. So, my suggestion is to keep the
situation as today until a correct decision will be taken.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

PS, I'm sorry I couldn't have finished the preparation of an ucw
Debian package, but I'm a bit busy at University ATM.