[Bese-devel] Araneid backend question

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue Jul 5 14:41:47 UTC 2005

Well I wonder what I'm supposed to do to cleanly shutdown
an Araneida Backend. In start.lisp one finds at the end:

(ucw:startup-server ucw:*default-server*)

well the obvious counterpart is
(ucw:shutdown-server ucw:*default-server*)

Well I call it and I call separatly:
(ucw::shutdown-backend (server.backend ucw:*default-server*))

the log says:
 (ucw:shutdown-server ucw:*default-server*)
2005-07-05T16:40.11 IT.BESE.ARNESI:+INFO+ IT.BESE.UCW::UCW.BACKEND: Stopping ARANEIDA backend #<ARANEIDA-BACKEND {1005397801}> on #<HTTP-URL "http://127.0.0.1:8080/" {10041B0681}>.
#<ARANEIDA-BACKEND {1005397801}>

fine so I can restart it or not?
Socket error in "bind": EADDRINUSE (Address already in use)
   [Condition of type SB-BSD-SOCKETS:ADDRESS-IN-USE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
  1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

No, I can't.

restart-server does not help a bit because it does the same I tried
shutdown the server and restart it.

So what do I have to do to convince Araneidea to be completely
shut-down?

Regards
Friedrich