[Bese-devel] Araneida: doesn't register CSS

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Jan 29 12:24:39 UTC 2005

Alan Shutko <ats at acm.org> writes:

> I notice that stylesheets don't work on Araneida.  Trying to retrieve
> one gives a .css gives a 404.  I don't think that the stylesheet is
> being registered with araneida.
>
> Should UCW be registering external files with the backend server, or
> should I be managing that myself?

ucw sholud definetely be doing it, in the mean time here's what i have
in another app:

(publish-directory
 (ucw::server.backend ucw:*default-server*)
 (make-pathname :directory `(:absolute ,@(cdr (pathname-directory *load-truename*)) :up "wwwroot"))
 "/")

you may need to play with the loacl path and the published path to
make sure that http://host/ucw/examples/stylesheet.css maps to
ucw/examples/tal/stylesheet.css

publish-directory is part of the backend protocol (but is only
implemented for araneida), server.backend should probably be exported
but isn't at the moment.