[Bese-devel] Re: ucw 0.3.6pre1

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Feb 8 16:59:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 05:53:25PM +0100, Marco Baringer wrote:

> we could also do it the other way around. ucw would emit (every time
> an entry-point needs te registered/unregistered) a new httpd.conf
> snippet containing:
>
> <Location [application.url-prefix][entry-point.url]>
>   SetHandler lisp
> </Location>
>
> a large app would have many such lines (i've got an app with just
> under 100), but it's still less than the number of static files
> (thoudands for the aforementioned app) and it'd be pretty easy to do
> (from the ucw side at least).

Well, still likely less entries then writing out all static content.

> > Anyway, since  we were talking about publish-directory: why not put the stylesheet(s)
> > into a subdirectory (say css/stylesheet.css) - that would make dispatch on the Apache-
> > side much simpler ...
>
> i was going to suggest that people prefix actions with /ucw/ [or
> cgi-bin] and let apache select based on that, but isn't that the same
> as uisng the .ucw suffix?

Hmm, the current example uses a stylesheet with a relative URL (hardcoded, which
makes me wonder why there's a stylesheet slot in the window component at all ...?).
It would probably be nicer to have the stylesheet not in the same URL tree as the
dynamic content (so, if ucw is mapped as /ucw/... non-dynamic stuff should go into
/css/... or /images/...). That's the way i do my non-ucw web stuff with araneida.

 cheers RalfD