[Bese-devel] ucw available through darcs

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Feb 8 08:59:34 UTC 2005

Benedikt Schmidt <s_bschmi at ira.uka.de> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 06.02.2005, 11:13 +0100 schrieb Marco Baringer:
>> not withstanding this excursion into darcs land i want every to know
>> that the official source for ucw is the arch repository. i will keep
>> the darcs repo synchronized (though it may lag a bit) and i'll accept
>> darcs patches, but we're not switching over to darcs.
>
> Attached is a first try to implement a Task [1] component in UCW and
> some typo fixes.

thanks for the doc fixs.

i think i'm going to apply your task component patch, but i'm not
really convinced its a good thing. reasons:

1) i definetly don't like calling an action from within a render-on
   method, that just seems wrong. i'd really like START to get caled
   after the component's place has been set and before render-on, but
   i don't know when that is.

2) while i like the fact that this component makes everything explicit
   i kind of like the way things are because there's nothing special
   about task components.

as you can see i've no major problems with the patch but it just
smells funny to me. maybe it'll grow on me?

>> p.s. - this is my first attempt at setting up darcs, comments welcome.
>
> If you add "_darcs/pref/email" with the email address where patches
> should be sent, darcs send should work without entering an email
> address.

should this be my personal address or the list's?

--
-Marco Baringer

Baringer Electronics and Software Engineering
www.bese.it