[Bese-devel] Re: ucw 0.3.6pre1

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Feb 7 16:32:00 UTC 2005

rm at mh-freiburg.de (Le grand pinguin) writes:

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:10:02PM +0100, rm at fabula.de wrote:
>>
>> Ok, the new version seems to work fine on OpenMCL/Linux/PPC
>>
>>  Thanks RalfD
>
>  One mnor thing: the stylesheet doesn't get delivered. When i request it
>  from the browser i get the gollowing:
>
>   Error: Error #<IT.BESE.UCW::INEXISTENT-ENTRY-POINT #x357D8FAE>
>
>   Sorry, don't know what to with /ucw/examples/stylesheet.css
>
> Here's the repl-log:
>
>  [UCW.RERL.SERVER 3316785027] Handling a request for #<STANDARD-SERVER IT.BESE.UCW:MOD-LISP-BACKEND 2 #x3564DF56> (#<MOD-LISP-REQUEST :RAW-URL "/ucw/examples/stylesheet.css">, #<IT.BESE.UCW::MOD-LISP-RESPONSE #x357D6786>).

the problem is that you're using the mod_lisp backend. unlike araneida
and aserve we don't automatically teach mod_lisp how to serve static
files like stylesheets. you'll need to edit httpd.conf and tell apache
to send action requests to ucw and serve other ones from htdocs (and
you'll then need to setup links or copy files so that
htdocs/ucw/examples corresponds to ucw/examples/tal/).

i've got a symlink from htdocs/ucw/examples to ucw/examples/tal and
this in my httpd.conf:

<LocationMatch "/.*\.ucw">
  SetHandler lisp-handler
</LocationMatch>

p.s. - this really should go into a FAQ or something.

--
-Marco Baringer

Baringer Electronics and Software Engineering
www.bese.it