[Bese-devel] Re: httpd error...

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Sun Dec 11 17:19:30 UTC 2005

On Setting Orange, The Aftermath 53, 3171 YOLD, Asbjørn Bjørnstad wrote:

>> After the backend refactoring, using httpd with OpenMCL 1.0 on Mac,
>> I report you this error:
>
> It's a missing encode-string function that causes this. I applied a
> dummy function patch to ucw_public that fixes this, although a version
> that actually implements the function for other lisps would better.

I see Marco had just posted more complete patch with dummy functions
to ucw_dev.  The complete solution (implementing a function for other
Lisps) would require writing portable Unicode library, which is not
trivial.  With conditional reading one can provide alternatives for
other Unicode Lisps -- this should be fairly easy, just grep the
sources for sb-unicode (outside shared.lisp there are only some minor
changes for application's default charset) -- but atually working
dummy functions for non-Unicode Lisps are non-trivial.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...elbow deep within the borderline, show me that you love me