[Bese-devel] UTF-8

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Aug 27 19:15:40 UTC 2005

Alexey Lebedeff <binarin at agava.com> writes:

> I'm using ucw with mod_lisp backend and sbcl.
>
> To make it work with utf-8 I made few small changes to arnesi & ucw.
>
> Changes to arnesi:
>
> - When utf-8 is used, encoding of characters > 127 with '&xXXXX'; is not
>   the right thing. So i dissallowed such encoding when sb-unicode feature
>   is present. This is not quite correct - not all users of
>   unicode-enabled sbcl wants this behavior(that's for sure) - but my
>   superficial knowledge of arnesi doesn't allow me to make this change in
>   better way.
>
> - nunescape-as-uri is now accepting external-format argument, same as
>   unescape-as-uri.

applied. thanks!

> Changes to ucw:
>
> - Allow to specify various external-formats for different purposes:
>   unescaping of urls, communication with slime and http.
>
> Accompanied by setting slime-net-coding-system on emacs side, it works
> pretty well.

when trying to apply this i get this message:

soma:~/lisp/ucw mb$ darcs apply patch
darcs: bug in get_extra.
Most likely this is caused by a bug that existed in darcs prior
to version 1.0.1.  Details for dealing with this issue can be found
at http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Issues1.0.1
soma:~/lisp/ucw mb$ cd ../arnesi/

the solution suggested by that page is to use an older version of
darcs, which i don't have. could you try upgrading darcs and
reverting/rerecording the pages?

otherwise i can apply the differences and just create a new patch,
though you'll then have to unrecord your patch and apply mine.

suggestions?

> And also unrelated to external formats change:
> There was missing argument in call to ucw.backend.dribble. So, when I was
> starting ucw, sbcl complained to me about "format" arguments mismatch,
> resulting in impossibilty to start ucw without user intervention.

thanks anyway.