[Bese-devel] general question of understanding

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Aug 23 12:35:31 UTC 2005

Friedrich Dominicus <frido at q-software-solutions.de> writes:

> Well ucw is way too much a mystery too me, as you've seen but giving
> up is not what I like to do. So I have a general question
> Do I understand it correctly that creating of a component can not be
> done with make-instance?

it can be done (call macro expands into a make-instance form). however
the call-component method does some neccassary bookkeeping work (like
setting up the continuation, the place, the parent, etc.) which you'll
need to repeat if you just use make-instance. of course, this
bookkeeping stuff requires that there be a valid *context* object in
the dynamic environment.

basically it can be done, but it's a goodly amoun of work. why are you
trying to do it?