[Bese-devel] port #1

Ruslan Abdulkhalikov rusabd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:12:08 UTC 2005

On 8/20/05, Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> wrote:
> Ruslan Abdulkhalikov <rusabd at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello ladies and gentlemen.
> >
> > I've been using UCW for few weeks and found that patches are applied
> > on _dev repository frequently...   So, could you suggest me some CL
> > implementation which is checked first after OpenMCL? CMUCL  SBCL,
> > CLISP, Allegro? Actually SBCL works almost fine for my very simple
> > examples but I failed to make work UCW against CLISP on Windows...
>
> quite a few people use _dev with sbcl. i generally test on sbcl then
> cmucl then clisp, though lately i've been testing on openmcl and clisp
> only.
>
> i do not have easy access to a windows machine, what issues are you
> running into?

I tried it a week ago - it just hangs on initial examples page
(127.0.0.1:8080/ucw/examples/index.ucw) - did not replied with any
result... But it can be some local firewall issue, I do not know...

Win32 is not absolutly necessary for me,  actually SBCL and clisp on
linux is ok :) But I thought about creating local web applications
running on the most popular client OS (win). and UCW is great choice
for web applications running on client's box since perfomance is not
issue in this case...

--
Ruslan Abdulkhalikov
-- Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."