[Bese-devel] How to use tal-templates

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Aug 15 13:25:38 UTC 2005

astor at pvv.ntnu.no writes:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:36:40AM +0200, Marco Baringer wrote:
>> astor at pvv.ntnu.no writes:
>> > Pages are supposed to be faster when scripts are put in the HEADER
>> > section since this section can be processed before/while the page is
>> > being laid out.
>>
>> sorry, i don't follow, why not just put it in the header then?
>>
>> it's not available quite yet the :inline-javascript
>> simple-window-component initarg will soon take a list of parenscript
>> code and not a string as it does now.
>>

> Typically you want to keep the javascript and the HTML close to each
> other for a component.  So you might want an easy way to add to the
> "header" section in the way that render-on adds to the "body" section.
> Adding to an inline-javascript slot or something like that would do
> the trick I guess.

currenlty we don't have a way for a nested componnet to affect the
tags generated by the window component, nor do we have an already
existing mechanism which would allow this.

would it be worth the effort to make simple-window-component (or
something) walk the component tree before the render-on phase and
collect extra head headers (like script or even meta or link)?