[Bese-devel] How to use tal-templates

Marco Simon marco_simon at web.de
Sun Aug 14 12:36:29 UTC 2005

Hello list,

could somebody please give me short "hello world" on how to
use the tal-template engine ?
I thought it would be as easy as declaring an component with
the super-class "template-component"  and a template-name, but
that seemed not to be enough.
I even had a look at Marco Baringers's "counter" example which uses the
tal-template mechanism - but didn't manage it.
So could you please give me some example-lines which show how
to implement *.tal - files ?

Beside that (but this hasnt to do with ucw) I'm looking for a lisp-function
which escapes all " within a string to \" but didn't find any predifined
cl-function
so far. Any hints ?

Thanks a lot
 best regards