[Bese-devel] yaclml test suite failures

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Aug 12 22:31:16 UTC 2005

Carlos Ungil <carlos.ungil at bluewin.ch> writes:

> However, I noticed that this indentation doesn't pass the tests
> (later I've seen in some old mails that this is indeed a feature) .

'feature' is a strong word. however the funny indentation is the only
way i can think of to indent html code without changing how browsers
interpret the code and without having to know wether a block should be
display: block or display: inline (and since this is impossible to
know with divs and spans we don't have much choice).

> There are as well errors in the test suite (the output for sbcl 0.9.3
> on linux FC3 is included at the end of this message).

thanks for pointing this out. (i think the last time i ran yaclml's
test suite was in mid 2004...)

> Maybe if the test suite is not valid it can be removed, or at least
> this fact could be mentioned in the README).

it should be updated, it will probably be removed (ucw is a far better
test suite than anything i could come up with by hand).