[Bese-devel] What has changed?

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue Aug 9 12:26:28 UTC 2005

Well I checked the sources with darcs changes, but nowhere is a
comment telling me what goind on with the metaclass option. This code
;;; Just for testing
(defcomponent ir-test (simple-window-component form-component)
  ((num :accessor num
        :component (integer-range-field :min-value 0 :max-value 20)))
  (:metaclass standard-component-class))

Has worked, and now I got this error message:

Execution of a form compiled with errors.
Form:
  (DEFCLASS IR-TEST (SIMPLE-WINDOW-COMPONENT FORM-COMPONENT) ((NUM ACCESSOR NUM COMPONENT (INTEGER-RANGE-FIELD MIN-VALUE 0 MAX-VALUE 20))) (METACLASS (METACLASS STANDARD-COMPONENT-CLASS)))
Compile-time-error:
  (in macroexpansion of (DEFCLASS IR-TEST # ...))(hint: For more precise location, try *BREAK-ON-SIGNALS*.)The value of the :metaclass option ((:METACLASS STANDARD-COMPONENT-CLASS)) is not a legal class name.
   [Condition of type SB-INT:COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Abort SLIME compilation.
  1: [ABORT] Return to sldb level 1.
  2: [ABORT] Abort SLIME compilation.

I recompiled the whole files and switched back to a single threaded
SBCL to see whether that has broken something or what else is going
on. So what has happened and what am I supposed to do to get that
stuff running again? Dropping the metaclass argument maybe, but if I
had to why didn't I find that mentioned anywhere.

Friedrich