[Bese-devel] start.lisp and Slime

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Apr 12 08:24:04 UTC 2005

Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> writes:

> Hello,
> This is just an little usability problem. I can load start.lisp with (load
> "....../start.lisp") with no problem but I can't load it with C-c C-k
> (slime-compile-and-load-file) command of Slime, the error I get is:
> -+  Errors (1)
>  `-- READER-ERROR at 1111 (line 30, column 33) on #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "file
> \"/home/pupeno/src/ucw-dist/ucw/bin/start.lisp\"" {9272DE9}>:
>      package "ARNESI" not found
>
> That line is:
>
> (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>   (setf arnesi::*call/cc-returns* nil))
>
> That's all, I don't really know how to fix it, it seems that setf is using
> arnesi which hasn't been loaded yet, but well, that's kinda obvius.
> Thank you.

the problem is that start.lisp can not be complied until after it has
been loaded. slime-compile-and-load-file doesn't deal with files like
this.

start.lisp is a script, its not meant to be compiled nor is it meant
to be used interactivly from within slime. At the same time i'm pretty
sure C-c C-l will work (unless the underlying lisp (cmucl for example)
attempts to compile files before loading them).

If C-c C-l does in fact work i'll add a note in start.lisp saying to
use it, otherwise i'll add a note reminding people to not attempt ot
load the file from within slime.