[Bese-devel] problem while starting ucw

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun Apr 3 20:56:21 UTC 2005

Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com> writes:

> hi, i have followed the instructions came with ucw 0.3.5, and i typed
> in (load "/var/www/ucw/init.lisp") after putting path into asdf
> central-registry, it then gave me this error after 2 seconds:
>
> component :RFC2388 not found, required by #SYSTEM "ucw" {58685855}>
>
> i'm usinc CMUCL, and i have slime, mod_lisp2 and apache2 installed..
>
> anyone know what's going on?

you're either missing the rfc2388 library or asdf just isn't finding
it. if you have a directory named ucw/libs/rfc2388 then just put a
symmlink from ucw/libs/rfc2388/rfc2388.asd to whatever directory holds
your asdf system defs. if you don't have this directory you need to
download and install rfc2388.

however i'd strongly suggest upgrading to ucw 0.3.7 (the development
version in arch would be even better if you can).