[Bese-devel] Problems compiling 0.2.0 with CMUCL

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Mar 5 13:41:36 UTC 2004

On Venerdì, mar 5, 2004, at 07:46 Europe/Rome, Jan Rychter wrote:

> Hmm. I've posted this in local.ucw.devel on nntp.common-lisp.net, but
> this group seems to be attracting more attention. Is the other one
> dead?

yes, since there is quite a bit of overlap between ucw and bese (and
not enough movement) i decided fairly early on to not use the ucw-devel
mailing lists. i'll see about getting the ucw mailing lists removed
from the nntp server.

> Here is what I get when trying to compile ucw:
>
> Execution of a form compiled with errors:
>  (DEFMETHOD IT.BESE.UCW::REMOVE-EXPIRED-SESSIONS
>             ((IT.BESE.UCW::APP IT.BESE.UCW::APPLICATION))
>             (WITH-HASH-TABLE-ITERATOR (IT.BESE.UCW::SESSION-ITERATOR #)
>               (IT.BESE.ARNESI:WHILE-BIND # # #)))
>    [Condition of type KERNEL:SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR]

> [snip backtrace]

> Any hints? The same method compiles fine when compiled interactively
> From XEmacs.

my understanding is that the code failed to compile yet the fasl file
was written anyway, yet you say that if you compile it interactively it
works fine, very weird. I'm guessing this must be a problem with

1) load up a fresh cmucl instance.

2) (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :arnesi)

3) (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :yaclml)

4) C-cC-k ucw/src/packages.lisp

5) C-cC-k ucw/src/loggers.lisp

6) C-cC-k ucw/src/backend/protocol.lisp

7) C-cC-k ucw/src/rerl/protocol.lisp

8) C-cC-k ucw/src/rerl/standard-application.lisp

9) tell me about any and every warning/error you get.

If you're able to do this then the asdf file must be missing a
dependency some place.

--
Marco