[Bese-devel] Retrieving arnesi from bese-2004 at common-lisp.net

Anthony Juckel ajuckel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 21:26:51 UTC 2004

I'm having an issue downloading the ucw distribution to a new machine.
 This is either resulting from a misconfiguration in the upstream arch
repo, or a complete lack of understanding of arch on my part.  I
followed the directions exactly from the download page:

$ tla register-archive ...
$ tla get ucw-2004 at ../support--dists ucw-dist
$ cd ucw-dist
$ tla buildcfg dev

UCW downloads just fine, but when it starts downloading arnesi, I get
the following error:

********************************
 MISMATCHED ARCHIVE CHECKSUM

  archive: bese-2004 at common-lisp.net
  revision: arnesi--dev--1.2--base-0
  file: arnesi--dev--1.2--base-0.tar.gz

  expected: 07153dc3f5690a55c2f75fcf90657801
  got: 778d4bc1415059d6bfec55baee73005a

********************************

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get around this issue.  I'm
assuming the expected checksum is stored in the arch repo, and the got
checksum is calculated from the downloaded tar.gz file, but I don't
see that file on my system at all now (presumably it is deleted once
the above error is encountered).  Is anyone else having this problem?

Oddly enough, I just did a tla set-tree-version on one of my other
machines to move the arnesi version to 1.2, then did a tla replay, and
that worked just fine.  It is just when doing this fresh checkout that
I get the error.

Anthony W. Juckel