[Bese-devel] ucw status

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Feb 28 13:38:54 UTC 2004

On Sabato, feb 28, 2004, at 11:26 Europe/Rome, Andreas Fuchs wrote:

> As to making it look a little better, I have only one advice: Drop the
> tables and use a style sheet. especially for the tabbed panes, I think
> this will really pay off.
>
> For two nice examples, have a look at
> http://csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/057/057.css&page=3 and
> http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=053%2F053%2Ecss

cool, will do after 0.2.0. If i keep adding stuff before 0.2.0 i'll
never get it out, and i'd like to, occasionally at least, have
recognizable milestones.

> Using sbcl on x86, I can't compile ucw--dev--0.1--patch-173 with a
> current bese (built config from dev/1.1). There are a few errors
> regarding the symbol yaclml:*uri-for-package*, which is not in the
> YACLML package.

due to various issues (bugs i couldn't fix and speed) the YACLML
package no longer uses pxmlutils but uses Miles Egan's XMLS parser (a
heavly modified version). UCW as it stands requires yaclml 0.4.0.

> which is the recommended version of bese to use with current UCW?

it's somthing of a problem since the various packages are evolving
together and i keep changing them and there's no way to know what i'm
doing unless i announce it (which i don't). Here's the list of versions
i'm currently using (and which are included in the soon to be released
0.2.0pre1):

[except ucw all the trees are in the bese-2004 at common-lisp.net archive]

yaclml: yaclml--dev--0.4
arnesi: arnesi--dev--1.1
cl-icu (optional): cl-icu--dev--0.0
ucw: ucw at common-lisp.net/ucw--dev--0.1

pxmlutils is no longer required. other than these you'll need recent
CVS versions of portableaserve (recent enough to have puri packaged in
it) and slime. Due to these incompatable changes when you're playing
around with ucw you need to make sure that asdf sees the proper version
of all the various libs.

--
Marco