[Bese-devel] Re: [ucw] i18n (locale sensitive template inclusion)

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Feb 16 17:14:05 UTC 2004

On Lunedì, feb 16, 2004, at 16:52 Europe/Rome, Marco Baringer wrote:

> Currently the only visible change is that when you call
> render-template we first look for a locale specific version of the
> template, if that fails we fall back to a generic un specified
> version. We would really like this voodoo to happen when a tal:include
> tag is found, i'm currently looking into how to best redefine that > tag.

damn that was really easy. turns out that yaclml goes through a method
named template-truename, by creating a new template-generator (subclass
of yaclml:file-system-generator) i got render-template and tal:include
to be locale sensitive. Now your i18n apps will need to specify that
the tal generators are of class i18n-tal-generator but that's all you
have to do.

every now and then you realize what's so cool obout clos (and OO).

--
Marco