[Bese-devel] problem compiling arnesi-1.1.1 on clisp-2.32

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Feb 14 13:37:04 UTC 2004

On Venerdì, feb 13, 2004, at 08:24 Europe/Rome, Matthew Kennedy wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>
> I'm experiencing a problem compiling arnesi-1.1.1 with clisp.  The
> error message is below.  The problem seems to be in
> src/specials.lisp, def-special-environment, check-required, but I
> can't see why it would work in SBCL and CMUCL but not CLISP.
> CLISP-ism perhaps?

i don't really know, it would seem that the macro expanders are losing
the flet'd function check-required. you could try putting the
def-special-enviroment form in another file, compiled and loaded before
walk.lisp.

btw, what does this return:

(flet ((a () 4))
   (defmacro b () (a)))

(b)

p.s. - arnesi 1.1.2 contains a new cps transformer (if that's what
you're interested in) which, among other things, doesn't use
def-special-enviroment, is faster and can handle more of comman lisp
(in particular its handling of declarations is much improved).

--
Marco